5 Best Jogging Strollers of 2022
(Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links at no additional cost to you.)
What are the best Jogging Strollers of 2022?
If you have decided that a jogging stroller is right for you, there are many things to consider since jogging strollers are very different from “traditional” strollers.
When choosing a jogging stroller, you get what you pay for; there is a difference between the low cost and more expensive strollers. Look carefully at the details for each stroller and decide on your family’s needs compared to your stroller budget. All the jogging strollers on this list offer are high quality and will serve you well for many years as your family grows.
Every brand is a little different in the features and accessories they offer, and they all try to set themselves apart from each other by offering unique styles. Instead of choosing a popular name brand we recommend that you base most of your decision on the features each brand offers when making your choice. Although the strollers in this post all have great reviews, one person’s needs and opinions probably won’t be the same as yours.
To help you navigate the many options out there, we have rounded up the 5 Best Jogging Strollers of 2022 in the post for you:
Check out this quick list of our favorites if you’re in a hurry, or continue scrolling to see our full top 5 list with in-depth reviews.
#1: Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller (Best overall jogging stroller)
#5: Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller (Best value jogging stroller)
Things parents look for…
If you are going to be doing a lot of running and / or going over rough terrain, you will want to go with the larger wheel sizes. You can use smaller wheel sizes (and save some money) if you are going to be mostly walking, even speed walking, and going on relatively smooth surfaces. A lot of people just like the impressive look of the 20″ wheel sizes, while others prefer the look and easy maneuverability of the smaller 12 inch wheels. One thing to keep in mind is that a larger wheel doesn’t make the stroller more stable. The large wheels just make it easier to go over rough roads and curbs, and they give a nice glide for when you’re jogging.
20″+ Wheels are best for running and/or off-road use. Gives a wonderful smooth feeling when running and lets you go over curbs and bump easily.
16″ Wheels are best for frequent walking or jogging with some off road use. This size is the best bet for most people. It gives a good balance between smooth ride and overall functionality, and can be used for shopping or running and back again all in the same day.
12″ Wheels / Swivel Wheels are best for walking and shopping / strolling on pavement or sidewalks. The “jogger” design is a lot nicer than regular strollers, and the smaller 12″ wheels allow you to maneuver more easily than the larger wheel strollers.
Some manufacturers use steel wheels to save on costs, but we recommend alloy if you can spend a little more. Alloy wheels do not rust, and are an absolute necessity in humid climates with a lot of rain, areas that get a lot of snow (salt on the roads will cause steel to rust quickly), coastal areas, etc. Spending a little more now on alloy wheels means that you don’t have to replace rusted wheels later, plus the alloy wheels make the stroller lighter.
Some strollers have alloy wheels but the hubs are steel. (Just like a bicycle wheel with wheel spokes going into a central hub) Again, the alloy won’t rust and is lighter than steel. If you have steel for any of the wheel components of your stroller, be sure to keep them clean to prevent rust.
Things kids look for…
Parents and kids alike LOVE reclining seats in jogging strollers. Keep in mind that the seats don’t go completely flat; they only recline to a certain degree which varies depending on the manufacturer. The great thing about reclining seats is that your little one can go to sleep much easier when they are reclined which makes for happier kids, and by extension, happier parents.
Speaking of maximizing your child’s comfort, shock absorbers and suspensions are a fairly new trend in recent years that many kids (and parents) who spend a lot of time going over rough terrain absolutely LOVE. Shocks aren’t really necessary for most people, but they are great if you are going to be doing a lot of “off roading” or going over bumpy surfaces with your child. Jogging strollers without shocks are already made to give a good, smooth ride and absorb the bumps of most roads. If you are going to be jogging on bumpy roads a lot, then definitely think about getting a stroller with shocks.
Lastly, do you know your child’s favorite color? Color is mainly a personal preference for parents, but you will want to keep in mind that light and bright colors are easier to see and that darker colors will absorb heat from the sun. Our recommendation is that lighter colors are safer and also more comfortable for kids.
**Please note that the commonly held rule is that babies need to be about 6-8 months before running with them in the stroller but please be sure to discuss it with your child’s pediatrician before you run with them in a stroller!!**
Here are the 5 Best Jogging Strollers in 2022:
1. Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller
- A lightweight, all-terrain stroller perfect for jogging or strolling through town
- Swivel front wheel locks into place for jogging
- Large 16" rear wheels plus suspension for an ultra smooth ride
- One-handed, compact fold to easily store and transport
- Reclining seat with padded 5-point harness and ventilation
- Ergonomic, adjustable handlebar with twist hand brake
- Great runner
- Easy to push and turn
- Good quality
- Height is adjustable
- Wide-5point harness
- Near-upright seating posting
- Can accept an infant car seat
- Foot-brake is sandal-friendly
- One-handed folding mechanism
- No parent console
- Not great on rugged terrain
2. BOB Gear Rambler Jogging Stroller
- Smooth ride: Suspension system provides an ultra-smooth ride; Compact, air-filled tires save on trunk space
- Perfect Fit: No-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments as your child grows
- Extra space: Large lowboy cargo basket for spacious storage underneath the stroller seat
- Kid comfort: Fully upright, padded seating allows your child to see the world; One-hand recline adjustment lets you quickly lay the seat back with the squeeze of a button
- Light and easy to run with
- Exceptional maneuverability
- Good quality
- No additional storage
- Multi-step 2-hand fold
3. Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
- Extra wide seat sits high to give child great visibility, multi-position seat recline
- Includes parent organizer, running leash, and tire pump
- Quick release 16" rear wheels and 12.5" swivel front wheel that locks straight
- Aluminum frame with shock absorbing suspension
- Easy compact fold; Care and cleaning: Wipe clean with soap and water; Material: Aluminum, Polyester
- Swivel front wheel locks straight
- Rear suspension system
- Quick release wheels with auto-lock feature
- Can accommodate a car seat
- Multiple storage options
- It does not have a tracking system to fix any veering off during your run
4. Graco FastAction Fold Jogger
- Includes the Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat, rear facing for infants from 4 35 pound and up to 32"
- One second, one hand fold provides the Ultimate in convenience for moms on the go
- Air filled rubber tires offer suspension for a smooth ride on any terrain
- Locking front swivel wheel provides an Easy transition from daily strolling to jogging
- Deluxe, padded, Multi position reclining seat for baby's comfort
- Front wheel swivels locks and has a suspension
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Has tons of storage for essential items
- Folds using a fast, one-hand system
- It accepts the Graco Click Connect infant seat
- Multi-position reclining seat
- The frame is on the larger and heavy side
5. Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller
13 used from $100.57
- Large bicycle tires roll effortlessly over all surfaces
- Front swivel wheel for easy maneuvering, locks for jogging. Recommended use: 6 months - 50 pounds or up to 42
- Reclining padded seat with 5 point harness, tether, large canopy and storage basket
- Convenient child and parent trays with 2 cup holders
- Easy compact fold for storage or travel
- The least expensive
- Easy to push and turn
- Easy to use
- 5-point harness and tether strap
- The padded seat can recline into multiple positions
- Can accommodate a Baby Trend infant car seat
- Uses a trigger release folding mechanism
- Includes a center console for phones and keys
- The handlebars are not adjustable
- Lower quality compare to the other jogging stroller on this list